Sunday, November 24, 2013

What are some fun ideas for camping when it rains?

tents for camping with children on Ozark Trail Tents or Northwest Territory Tents: Which Dome Tent is ...
tents for camping with children image



The Gay Ar


I am going tent camping alone and it seems that it will be raining, possibly storming, for a period of my trip. What are some ideas/things you have done when this occurs to have fun?

I am not shy about the rain so outdoor ideas are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Carl



Answer
Children like the rain. Then our parents tell us we can't go outside because it's raining and we stop liking the rain. Learn to love the rain again. Unless it is cold out or there is lightening, hail, or high winds, the rain can be fun.

Put on a poncho and boots and go for a walk in the rain. Or if it's warm, forget the poncho. (Have a change of clothes waiting at the tent.)

Rain covers your scent and the sound of your footsteps. That means you can sometimes get closer to wild animals when it's raining. (I'm a hunter. I love hunting in the rain for this reason.)

Learn to build a shelter (links below) so you can keep a fire going in the rain.

*******IMPORTANT*******
You mentioned that it may storm. I do not recommend hiking in a storm. And be careful where you put your tent. Dead trees and limbs (widow-makers) can fall and put an end to your trip and your life. Same for flash floods.

How do you take a baby camping?




Emmy


If I wanted to take a baby camping how would I settle him in to sleep? At home don't babies sleep in those sleep sacks without blankets? How would a baby be warm enough tent camping if he couldn't have a sleeping bag? I feel like I have the rest of camping figured out- I just don't know how and where you put a baby for sleeping. What age would be safe to start camping?


Answer
It's really not so bad. My daughter slept in her fleece onesie-the one i used for when we went to the snow (with another onesie underneath) with a nice warm hat on. If your onesie doesn't have something to cover her hands, I would get mittens. I also had her swaddled up in blankets. She slept just fine! (she's four months old) If you don't have anything warm like that for her to wear, I saw some on clearance at a Sports Chalet. Don't forget child-safe bug spray, and have fun!

I also just wanted to add-
some people will be mean to you about taking your baby camping, but they're just ignorant. My daughter loved camping. Your child doesnt need a house to be loved and cared for, she just needs you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment