Friday, September 27, 2013

what do my husband and I need to go camping?

kids tent do it yourself on Kids+thank+you+cards+printable+free
kids tent do it yourself image



KimberlyJ


I haven't been camping since I was a kid. What equipment do I need? I don't want to spend a fortune on camping equipment, but I need to be comfortable. I am five months pregnant and feeling very sick. I think the outdoors would help me quite a bit. Any advice would be helpful thanks.


Answer
#1 most important thing.

Be comfortable.

Pick out a tent at Walmart/Kmart/Target that is large enough for one of those Coleman (or off brand) air mattresses to fit inside it. Twin size at least. The air mattress should come with (you may have to buy it seperate) battery operated blower/pump, to blow it up for you. If it rains...the 6" thick air matress will keep you up off the ground and dry...even if you have an inexpensive tent.

Try to find a shadey spot, wherever you set up your tent. Tents can get hot in the morning with the sun shining on them.

I'd say the rest ...keep as simple as you can. Setting up and taking down your camp should not the a "big" chore. If it is...your making it too hard on yourself.

My favorite time saver? I gotta have coffee in the morning. I don't mess with a perculator anymore. I buy those big pre-made coffee/filter bag things. Drop one or two in a camp pot...boil...coffee! No mess to clean up.


Keep the "camp" part of it simple. You will have more time to relax, explore or goof around.

Just my two cents...


Have fun!

How to be a real motorcycle rider?




Seven


Do you remember the first time that you ride on the back of a motorcycle? Do you feel good about yourself on the backseat and still remember feeling of freedom and independence that coursed through you as you move on the road. Maybe it happened when you riding in the back of your parentâs car as a kid, and you saw a motorcycle rider past you on the two-lane highway. For some people, the desire to ride is fueled by simply seeing a motorcycle race, and even just talking to those who have ridden before. However you got your start, it does not matter. You know that you were bitten by the motorcycle bug, and there is no cure.

Chances are if you love to ride, these feelings are more than just a memory to you; they are a part of your soul, coursing through your blood at any given waking moment in your life. In a very real sense, the low hum of the idling chopper or the purr of the engine when it first wakes up is something you hear in your sleep. It is something that really canât be explained or described to someone without having them join you on the back of your bike and going for a ride around town. Many around you would call it an obsession, but you know better. You simply love to ride, and everything that goes along with it.
The feeling you get when you and the motorcycle are roaring down the highway is nothing you can describe or let go. The second step to feel you are a real biker is to find some biker friends and ride with them together. Many single biker women or biker guys always join some local motorcycle clubs or biker gangs. They like motorcycle rally and biker event, since they can enjoy a group riding. If you want to be a real motorcycle rider, you should try you best to join them who are real biker too.
http://bikersingle.org/



Answer
What a silly question. So will answer it in kind and from a racing perspective since you have posted in the racing section.

I remember the first time one of my kids didn't appear where they should have on a track racing, then looking up and seeing the first aid flag flying. I remember the feeling of seeing the first aid people running towards that part of the track. I remember months of nursing teenagers with two broken arms and split livers, busted collarbones and stitches from slamming into the bars. I remember hoping a plane in a hurry when told one child had dislocated his leg and was in big trouble and then the months in hospital recovering.

I remember going without things so that a new exhaust system could be bought and finding a motorbike in my living room. The house overrun with trophies that need dusting constantly. I remember the night before race day finding hubby and son in the lounge room changing tyres and making a god awful mess doing it and then the mountains of mud encrusted gear to wash after said weekend.

Now older I remember standing at the side of the track watching half hour motos stomach in my throat as my grown child flies by and then with one lap to go and doing well stacks in a flurry of flying soil. Then waiting hand on heart when he didn't get up for over a minute. I remember standing at the medical tent wondering if he was okay and then watching as although injured he needed to go back out and do it all again as he was in the points.

I remember the medical bills and worrying that my child will have to race again in two weeks time knowing he is injured so not fully up to it but he doesn't want to let the team down.

So you are right it is a bug that riders get and cannot give up but it is not all that for many of those around said rider. Would I change things. No as I know just what this bug means to riders but every action has a reaction.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment