Saturday, September 28, 2013

Why are Christians against birth control, or any form of contraceptives?

large camping tents for sale on Family Camping tents on sale, free shipping! Panda Cover
large camping tents for sale image



Sheree


This has puzzled me for the last few years. I understand that we are to procreate, but lets be "real".

I was watching local news, and they did a story about small family drug stores that don't sale contraceptives because of their religion.

Now picture this. I attend a fairly large church. There is an average of 3 kids per family. Do you see where I'm going? So the parents only had sex 3 times throughout their entire marriage? I highly doubt! They are using some form of BC, either it's withdrawal, plan B, etc.

To add to my confusion, I attended a camping trip with my preacher and his wife. I had a tent with the wife, and soon found out that she was indeed on birth control.

Someone please answer my question, and please don't use Genesis 38:10. Thanks in advance ;)
I know you don't get pregnant every time you have sex! That was an obvious, so I really didn't bother to state it! I'm talking about older people in church. i was in Sunday School one day (with the elders) and they talked about how they wanted to have a set amount of kids, and everyone said Amen! They were all trying to imply that they either got their tubes tided, or used BC.

Thanks for bringing up the Catholics, but the people in the news segment were not Catholic.



Answer
I think you are confusing Christians with one particular Christian denomination - namely the Catholics. And they manage to hang the prohibition off of one doubtful verse in the Old Testament.

What does your bug out bag consist of?




Winobot Du


I have decided to put together a bug out bag for a SHTF situation, and figured it would be a good idea to see what other people have so i dont forget something that would be useful. I have two US surplus day packs i will probably fill up. What do you have in yours and what is the bag?


Answer
I use many duffel bags that i got for free, and one wooden ammo case that I refinished. I also have a few unmarked cardboard boxes.
my BOB is something I stick into the minivan and get out of town asap. I have no plans to hike out of town, I live in the middle of a large city.

12 MREs handpicked, all my favorite menus
32 bottles of water- Kirkland 16.9 FL oz each
various meal bars from the supermarket
tablets for purifying water
funny purple tablets for cooking with (military surplus), I bought lots and lots.
mountain house dehydrated foods, 36 units, favorites only
water filter
2x collapsible 2L water bags
2x military OD green plastic canteens
titanium knife-fork-spoon utensil
as many matchbooks as I can cram into a 1 gallon zip lock bag
several cheap Bic lighters
metal camping cooking pot + lid
collapsible cooking rack that I made from aluminum

$200 in cash, $10s and $20s
one roll silver quarters (face value = $10, worth $130)
1 carton Grand Prix menthol cigarettes - for trade,sale, or personal use.
1 bag rolling tobacco, lots of paper slips for rolling. - for sale, trade, or personal use

a 3.2 million volt stun gun and LED flashlight
AK bayonet, Yugo style
mini crowbar, 18"
a FAK (I call it a field aid kit) I'm still adding stuff to it

3x15 min road flares
2x30 min road flares
3x coast guard approved signal flares
Camping Gaz piezoelectric 80W blue butane lamp
2x blue butane bottles (for the lamp)
1 wooden ammo case that holds lots and lots of glow sticks, and anything else fragile. its has tons of padding, it was designed to take a 33 foot fall without any glow sticks breaking. 33feet is because that's the highest I test the case falling. I threw it off the roof to the cold, hard concrete driveway below. I think its 33 feet, I'm really bad at math.
1 5x night vision monocular, waterproof
20 CR123 batteries
1x LED Lenser P7 flashlight,
3x AAA battery packs
1x trusty old Ti83 calculator sealed in plastic (to make water proof)
1- 4 man Coleman tent
2 sleeping bags (in case I bring someone with me)

all local area maps
spare battery pack (external, 12V) for GPS with hand crank charger (something I rigged up)
12 BLM maps covering everything within 150 miles of my house
1 really obsolete 1978 detailed street map book of LA and Orange county - something my parents uses, i have it in case the gps breaks. I am not buying a new one, even if they're still in print.
1 book detailing wilderness survival
1 book detailing auto repair and troubleshooting
1 clear plastic ruler
1 book detailing medial aid
4 compasses- in case one broke.

for defensive purposes, my vehicle may be attacked, ambushed, or mobbed depending on the situation, I must be prepared for that.
a simple cardboard box holds 10x 30rd AK magazines, 12 clips of russian light ball for my mosin nagant, 5 clips of Czech AP for my mosin nagant, 35- 20 ga #3 buck, 50- 20 ga 3/4 oz slugs, orange and grey smoke emitters, two bricks of .22lr, various fireworks or firecrackers I believe may be used, and two machetes- one cheap walmart one for chopping and one expensive Ontario knife one for sawing. that would be put up front next to me between my passenger.
the few cardboard boxes part of my BOB holds even more ammo. 960 rounds of 7.62x39mm, 370 rounds 7.62x54mmr, 3660 rounds .22lr, 182 #7.5 birdshot, and many, many, many "firecrackers".

the BOB is to get out of the city into the forests and be able to live out there for at least 2 months with occasional ventures into the city for more supplies and such.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment