Friday, September 27, 2013

Has anyone ever been to Catalina Island w/ kids??

kids tents big w on Alibaba.com - Wholesale pop up big space kids play house tent
kids tents big w image



jb


Me and my hubby are thinking of taking a vacation to Catalina Island and taking our 8 and 4 yr., would that be a good idea?? For those who have gone w/ kids.


Answer
Catalina Island is a great place to take children. I don't know why people post about how boring it is, must be a lack of imagination. I've been going to Catalina for 26 years. I've experienced it as a child, a teen, a girlfriend-fiance-wife and now as a mother. I met one of my dearest friends there- she has 9 children and just spent a week at the end of July and had the most wonderful time. It's all about the experience. You don't have to drive any where. It's safe for the kids to play at the beach while mom and dad relax in beach chairs and watch. Fun restaurants, great ice cream shops- a candy store that pulls taffy in a big glass window. Although it's not my favorite thing to do, kids love to rent the peddle boats and tour through the harbor. I spent over a month in Catalina last summer with my then 9 month old son. We loved going to get coffee and a doughnut in the morning and taking our walk. Then napping and getting ready for hours at the beach. Just bring a little pop up tent if you have kids who nap. We'd spend the whole day at the beach, we'd go out for lunch- it was great, it's very relaxing and slow paced for mom and dad. I'd highly recommend it to any family.

What tent should I buy?




MamaB


Looking to buy a tent. In addition to myself and my husband we have two boys, ages 5 and 7, and a baby girl, age 15 months. I know I want a big "family" tent, with a screen porch. I have narrowed it down to 3, after researching on line. The price difference is big. One is only $150.00 and one is almost $400.00. Are certain brands better than others? What features should I look for? Thanks!


Answer
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___21597
Coleman WeatherMaster 6 w/Screenroom - 17x9 - 6 Person Tent
$239.99
The Coleman 1 Room WeatherMaster 6 with attached Screenroom tent can sleep up to 6 campers. The tent is easy to set up and with a large sleeping room for your gear and a generous screenroom for the ultimate in relaxing times this could be the tent your family is looking for. A combination of steel and fiberglass poles provide a very secure and stable frame for the latest and greatest version of the famed WeatherMaster series of tents. The waterproof instructions are sewn to the bag for your convenience. The big wide hinged door is so simple and easy to use that it's almost like being at home. Great ventilation is provided by 5 windows and a mesh ceiling. The rugged poly floor will never let you down and the taped fly seams will keep water outside where it belongs. The screenroom offers a nice place for the kids to play or a great place to relax after the kids have gone to bed. This is a another great tent from Coleman for the whole family for either a short or extended trip.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment