Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Is there anything I can do to prevent my tent going mildew?

large camping tents uk on ... Site Power Unit (3 Sockets & Rcd) (99410303081) from Somerset Camping
large camping tents uk image



Stella


Every time time when I set up my camping tent it smells mildew. Is there anything I can do to prevent it to get such smell?


Answer
You can do the following things to prevent your tent going mildew:

1. Find a very sunny patch at your campsite with lots of dry trees or places to hang your bedding. If you have clothesline, rope or kite string, string up a clothesline between two trees in a sunny area.

2. Remove every last thing from your tent so that it's bare. Leave the tent completely unzipped.

3. Hang up the bedding, sleeping mats, pillows, even bags to dry on tree brances, large rocks or your makeshift clothesline.

4. Wait until the top of the tent is dry before unpegging it and flipping it over so the bottom gets dry. When the bottom is dry to the touch, flip it back over, peg it down and brush out any dirt or crumbs with a dustpan and brush. Add the bedding, bags and any other paraphenalia you keep in your tent when they dry.

5. Dry out your tent before you put it away for any storage by airing it out completely outsidse in your yard, if possible. The sun and fresh air produce a better smelling tent than when you dry it indoors. Only dry the tent indoors if you have no other alternative.

I bought a camping tent from http://www.lavadeals.co.uk and I use this method to store my tent.

Does anyone have a Eurohike backpacker tent or know where I can get replacement parts?







I'm missing the shorter pole from a Eurohike Backpacker tent, although I can't remember how long the original was if I knew that I could probably get a replacement.
The longer one seems to be made up of 6 sections.
Hope someone can help.



Answer
They are currently the UK's largest camping brand. Their products are exclusive to Millets and Blacks stores.

I suggest contacting these stores to see if they can get parts for you.

Millets website is http://www.millets.co.uk/home.html

Blacks website is http://www.blacks.co.uk/home.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment