Monday, February 24, 2014

What type of bed should I buy for my son?




momto2boyz


He is 5 1/2 years old (tall and heavy for his age)
His room is 8ft x 10ft
He is afraid of heights, but has friends that could sleep over and use the top bunk if we decide on a bunk bed.

Any advice?

(his box spring just broke)

:(



Answer
A bunk bed would be nice depending on how well it is constructed. If he is large for his age though changes are that he will always be a larger person. I would say no to the bunk bed as they don't support weight that well (he will likely be a larger person his whole life).

Another alternative is a bed with drawers underneath. I think the official name for this bed style is a "Captains Bed". They are usually pretty sturdy beds and it would be able to support a lot of weight. Before upgrading to a double when we were first starting out me and my fiance slept on a twin size captains bed me, him and my pregnant belly...so I know it can handle weight. Basically it would solve a lot of the storage issues (for example if it has 3 drawers in the bottom you'd likely be able to fit underwear/pj's, shirts and pants. If it all fits you don't need a dresser). I noticed the room dimensions are a bit small when you consider the added furniture.

My motto is keep is simple and uncluttered. The less things that have to go in his room the cleaner his room will stay, the nicer it will look...the more he will and you will enjoy the space. My kids rooms are on the main floor so it's important for me to make sure they stay reasonably clean, so if your place is anything like mine that will be an important factor for you as well.

If friends sleep over in the summer and you have any kind of a yard tents can be a very fun alternative. If you have a room in your home, like a den or even the living room the kids can camp out in there in the wintertime. I did that with friends and it was fun, yes we stayed up late but in our rooms we'd stay up too with our toys we as parents we need to 'bit the bullet' and accept the kids will be up late on a sleep over. If you let them use the living room during the colder months, let them make a fort and have an indoor camp out....lol maybe as a kid I just loved camping but I promise I'm not the only one.

Best of luck =)

does anyone know where you can find a bed tent for a toddler/crib matteress?




Shades


I can only find one for a twin size.


Answer
Ebay or Amazon or "Bazoongi Kids Bed Tents". search for it on google




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment