Tuesday, June 24, 2014

fun crafts for kids with fabric?




&+Dream**


i have 2 pieces of fabric wat can my kids do w/it?


Answer
Hey awesome i am a kid and this will be soooo easy because its in a childs perspective!!!!!
-make a table cloth
-design barbie or g i joe clothes
-fold it up and cut out small shapes
-make a bedding for a cage
-make a tent(drap it over some trees and stick in dirt)
-but either cotton or rip open an old toy and get out the stuffing use a needle and thread to close the sides and a bottom part then stuff it an you have a cushion or a small pillow
-color on it and hang it in room or camper or tent
-make a blankie
-color it fold it like a triangle and cut a circle out top and you have a poncho or a shawl!
I really hope I helped :)))))

Ready for big-kid bed, or is it seperation issues?

Q. My son is 20 months.Since the day he was born, he has gone to bed at the same time everyday, without a fuss or fight, & always slept completely through the night in his own room. Recently my husband and I seperated, and at the same time he started a new job that requires travel out of town Monday-Friday.When he is in town, though, he spends 99.9% of his time at the house with us, and normally leaves once our son has gone to bed.This week, our son learned how to climb out of his crib. But before he did he woke up screaming, crying which he doesn't normally do. I tried to get him back to sleep in his crib by sitting with him and rubbing his back, which I've never had to do.As soon as i though he was asleep, & I get up to leave, he starts screaming again.If he stays asleep, and wakes up and I'm not there, thats when he starts screaming and climbs out of the crib. After 2 nights of no sleep, I gave up and tried to put him in bed with me. Voila!
Kid went right to sleep and didnt make a peep for the rest of the night. This is a horrible habit to start, I know, I don't plan on continuing. But, now, my husband and I don't know what to do. I feel in my heart that this isn't about his bed, but is starting to understand the situation. I am unsure whether it's really that he is ready to transition to a big kid bed. I'm afraid I'll go out and buy one, and we will still have the same problem! HELP!


Answer
It certainly sounds like he's having separation issues, which is normal at his age regardless of the home circumstances. Kids also start developing a lot of fears around age 2. Especially where the problem was solved with having him sleep with you, I think this is the issue.

Anyways, in my opinion, if you move him into a bed, you will be providing him with an easier venue to get out and he'll probably do it even more. 20 months is still young. I would try getting one of those crib tents that is a mesh tent that goes over the top of the crib and prevents them from climbing out. You can get them at Babies R Us. You may have to let him "cry it out" a couple of nights but my rule of thumb is if they were a good sleeper to begin with, they always go back to being a good sleeper. Sometimes they can get out of whack for a bit after being sick, etc.

You may also want to talk to your pediatrician, or ask for suggestions here, for help on how to help your son cope with your and your husband's separation. ALthough I will say kids are really so durable and really adjust well to anything. My husband and I are together, but he travels Mon-Fri as well, every week. It was a little tough in the beginning, but honestly my kids are totally fine with it now and know that come Friday, daddy will be back. Its just a way of life. I hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment