Thursday, June 19, 2014

what are good sites in central Illinois for tent camping with kids, 5 and 8?




dansmith12


I want to take my niece and nephew, along with my sister and brother in law, tent camping. the kids have done backyard camp outs in a little tent last summer, my sister is not real big on camping and the kids are little. so I need a place with real toilets and showers a playground and possibly a pool or lake for swimming. The problem is so many of the more commercial campgrounds that offer these amenities are geared more towards rv's and aren't particularly tent friendly.I live in Peoria and My sister lives in Bloomington. so that is the region we are looking at


Answer
Hi!
Shawnee national forest

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/illinois/illinois-camping

In Missouri, if you're ever down here, Lake Wappapello has FREE tent camping :) no showers & such (there ARE showers & running water for paid tent campers however)

try some of your local parks, too, because a lot of them you can camp in!

kids and camping????

Q. if there is a posibility there will be bears at night when camping is the camp ground ok for kids


Answer
Yes! As long as the kids know not to take food into your tent and what to do if they do see a bear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment