Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What toys should 1 year old get for bday? Baby Toddler?




MissLead


This age is entering a whole new stage in life.....and will start needing new toys. Ive been asked by my family to make a B-Day list for my baby.

What toys or things did you get or wish you got for your 1 year olds B-Day? What would you reccomend? All the toys I have now are for under 1 year like teething rings and rattles.



Answer
when my daughter was one we asked for toys that said on the box 12+ or 18+ months and pretend play things like puppets and dolls, a play tent and a little tikes workbench. even though yours might not be quite ready to play with those things properly they are fun for them to bang arounf with and then after a few months when they catch on they will have the next stage of toys available to them. they seem to go though a stage around 12-18 months where they are too big for baby toys and too young for the next stage toys. my daughter at 18 months it really just starting to use the older kid toys. oh yea the one thing she loved when she got it at her first birthday was the FisherPrice Little People bus and farm. another great gift was toddler style musical instruments (if your sanity can handle it). anyhow hope that helps .

How many of these toys from the 50s and 60s do you remember having?




Jackie


http://www.his-forever.com/50s_toys.htm
After finding out the name of "magic slate," I typed in toys from 50s and 60s, and this is the site that came up. To my surprise, there was the 'magic slate, listed as #21. Howza bout that?



Answer
I remember nearly all of them. Quite a few are still available in my area today.
What is not on there that we had as kids are a Davy Crockett tent we had in the back yard, a Roy Rogers gun and holster set, a many piece cowboy and indian set with the fort, horses, etc., and my roller skates which would slide to fit and used a key to secure.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment