Monday, June 9, 2014

What size of camping tent should I choose?




Adela


I am planning a camping trip with two friends. We need to buy a camping tent but I don't know what size of the tent is suitable for three people. I did a little search online and someone said should choose a tent which can accommodate two more person because there must be some space for the camping equipment. Is this true? Is a five man tent a little larger for three?


Answer
A five man tent is just fine. I do a lot of camping and I use a 2-3 person tent for just me, and a 4 person tent when I take the wife and kid along.

Unless your back country camping you can't go wrong with getting a bigger roomier tent.

Tent Camping...State Park/Private...Year Round campers?




AriesAlway


We are wanting to go camping soon...Ive checked online at private and state park campgrounds. How will "year round" campers treat us? It seems the private campgrounds have more socialable things to do, for the kids. But they also seem to have more RV campers, How will everyong be with us tent campers?


Answer
"Year round" campers will treat you just fine as long as you are friendly and courteous to them. Campers, as a whole, are a friendly and helpful group. I can't begin to count the times I have seen complete strangers offer to help put up a tent or dining canopy, give helpful tips on starting a campfire, local sites to visit, etc.

RV campers do not look down on tent campers. Personally, I know tent campers who look down on RVer's!! LOL

You are correct in saying that private campgrounds usually have more socialable things to do: pot luck dinners, game nights, hay rides, and the list goes on and on.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment