Wednesday, September 4, 2013

How to camp without most camping equipment?

the best tent for camping with a family on folding double camping tent,outdoor for lover hiking tent-in Tents ...
the best tent for camping with a family image



Blaine Sim


Me and the family are going to a family reunion, and most of the family are staying in tents and camping while my family are staying in a cabin. I don't want to stay in a cabin, I want to Bear Gryll my way through the weekend. I don't have a tent, and as far as I know, I don't have a sleeping bag. I do however, have tools essential for a proper camping trip. (machete, cooler, lighter, water bottle, playboy mags, flashlight, filter etc) I would appreciate it if someone could give me some camping/survival tips, or point me in the right direction as far as internet tutorials go, whether it is an article or a Youtube video etc. Although it would be preferred if someone knowledgeable of surviving in the wild would answer my question, and give a detailed, several paragraph answer on the essentials of hardcore survival. (even if I will just be within spitting distance of my cabin, albeit, a very far spitting distance. Like a genetically modified camels version of a spitting distance.)

Thanks in advance.



Answer
Learn to camp with equipment and prepare for any circumstance, then decide how to camp with less.


In my pockets, I always carry a pocket knife and fire starter, tissues or lint packets, along with several bandages in my wallet. Although reception does not exist in many gulches, I carry a cell phone that usually functions above tree-line.

In my daypack, I have compression sacks that hold my down jacket, heat packs, windbreaker, and down mittens or lighter gloves. I carry a second fire starter and two headlamps with extra batteries. I pack trail snacks, such as cheese, nuts, and rice chips. Attached by carabiner, I have at least two water bottles, sunglasses, reading glasses, and global positioning system. On most hikes, I also carry a water filter.

Are there any good camping places to take kids 10-14 in Missouri?




MommaDoo


We want to take our kids who have never camped somewhere family oriented. My husband and I both grew up tent camping.


Answer
We live in the Missouri Ozarks and have 5 children ages 9, 11, 12, and two 14 year olds. Our favorite place to take our family is Alley Springs campground on the Jacks Fork river. It is about 6 miles west of Eminence. It offers plenty of sites, some with electric, hot showers, flat level sites with paved roads for bike riding, and a good swimming hole. About 1/2 mile away is the Alley Springs Mill and spring with two hiking trails, one that goes around the spring area, and then a more difficult one that goes up to a lookout that is above the spring. It is a beautiful place. Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment