Friday, November 15, 2013

What type of cheap lighting system to use for amater photography?

kids tents cheap on ... Lightning McQueen Christmas Present Fun Playhut Tent House Kids | eBay
kids tents cheap image



mikkialex1


I have done photography in a professional studio for a few years now. I am wanting to start doing some work on the side now out of my garage, not to mention doing pics of my own family. I am using an Olympus E-1 and a Konica Minolta 5D. I have been doing photography outdoors of my kids, but since we are converting our garage to a studio, I need info on indoor lighting. I am on a fixed budget however. Any suggestions?


Answer
A couple of these will get you going nicely. You might not be able to afford decent strobe heads and the cheap ones are a false economy, but these low energy lights are actually quite a good option. And they run quite cool, so they aren't uncomfortable for your victims.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/479658-REG/Impact_VA_903_VA903_Five_Lamp_Fluorescent.html

I bought a couple of similar ones to light up my light tent (I know it's smaller than garage etc) but I think they'd be okay for portraiture.

Other props you need can usually be fashioned out of household objects and cardboard - relflectors, barn doors, snoots - you often don't have to spend any money to get interesting lighting options.

Can anybody give me some cheap vacation ideas?

Q. My husband and me have 2 kids, ages 10 and 1&1/2. We have very little money saved up but we're all dying for a vacation. We live in Ohio.


Answer
Hello over there in Ohio. I'm near Pittsburgh. Got a tent? I'm 30 now and some of my best memories are when we went camping. In fact those are some of the only things I can remember from that young. But go prepared by getting supplies at like Dollar General. But like them boy scouts say, go prepared for everything and have a great time. Its a bit chilly but check the forecast. Ohiopyle National Park is nice, but not much there to travel too far. But a nice state part not tooo far from civilization. Sorry part of that wasnt answering your question. They make several room tents too. Just a fyi. Oh and the Goodwill may have camping supplies that can save you even more money. they gotten bigger as far as i know

Just to add after reading the aboves answer you can go to google and maybe search for parks or state parks and then list for your zip code. like: state parks 15222




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment