Sunday, December 8, 2013

How do I plan a fishing camping trip in Canada?

large camping tent hire on ... Landes | mobile home, caravan, family tent rentals, for rent, for hire
large camping tent hire image



sassylassy


My boyfriend and I would like to, sometime this summer, go to Nova Scotia, and go one a fly fishing trip. I am not a fisher myself, but love the outdoors and I have always wanted to go camping, tent and everything! I need some advice on how to go about planning. Can you rent tents? How do you find a place to camp near lakes, rivers, etc.


Answer
OK, i will try to help you out here-i have fished in Alaska and Canada for trout and salmon for the past 35 years, going about once every two years, providing i have the cash.

Its one of the best areas to fly fish, and providing your boyfriend has fly fishing knowledge you should be OK. I must stress one thing though, HIRE A GUIDE-if its the only thing you do, it will mean your trip isn't wasted and you should catch something, plus they can alert you of the dangers of being in the wilds also they can give you advice of where to go.

If you can go with a proper company that deals with fishing trips in Canada, i use a few but its mainly for lodges with guides included-expect to pay around $4000 per person for this.

Some other advice is make sure you are confident in your outdoor skills, if you do wish to camp alone- a lot CAN go WRONG so be prepared.

Also make sure your equipment is up to the task- quality fly gear is essential and so is the skill in using it, being bale to CAST is VITAL as it saves a lot of wasted time.

Ensure you camping equipment is also suitable, you need to consider how far away you want to be from civilization-the further away the more dangers it presents -but often gives a once in a lifetime vacation.

Travel-how will you get there, often when i go to Alaska-depending on where i stay, the final journeny needs to be through float plane since its hard to get to the remote lodges, that hold the large salmon and trout.

LOOK through this site, it gives you a lot of great information-i would honestly suggest going for a lodge to start with, you will experience better fishing and everything will be planned for you, yet its still remote and relaxing

http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/trips/mercer_alaska.aspx

How to throw a huge Project x party?




Jean


I live in a rural area and have a lot of land. Im 16. I'm far away from neighbors. I have about 7 acres. I consulted my mom and she approved. I want to throw a huge party with at least 300 people. I am pretty sure I'd be okay with law enforcement on the count of no noise complaints from neighbors being far away. There might be some underage drinking so I was thinking to have a form minors have to sign in order to drink so they couldn't get back at me for that. I was thinking to hire a dj. Have a huge area for camping. A bonfire. A few security guards. A bunch of water balloons and a slip and slide because I don't own a pool. Have the house only be open for restroom reasons and indoor activities like dancing games and karaoke (living room mainly). Lock all bedrooms. People clock their belongings in their tents, cars, or the bedrooms s their safe. If anyone wanted to fight someone I'd have my security break it up. No firearms or weapons of any sort will be allowed. Have a bunch of decorations like balloons and what not. Maybe have a live bnd play. My side yard will be designated for parking and I'd have a parking director outside. All food and beverages will be on the back deck on a party table. I want to make sure I have things set and ready for the most worse cases. Does this sound good to you guys? Should I think about more things? Any ideas? Just want to have a party that will sky rocket my reputation. I'm going to a vocational school and I'll invite people from there and from my home school and they can bring people. There will be no destroying of property and that will result in discharge of the party. Im sure with that many people, thre will be someone who will bring illegal drugs (I personally don't do anything, but I won't stop them.) people will not be permitted to leave if they are too drunk or tired to drive, they will be forced to camp or have someone pick them up. All valuables will be locked and stored away properly. My moms boyfriend is a firefighter and could help if they party is out of control or the bonfire gets out of hand. People will be notified what the boundary of the propery is and there will be posted signs. The animals will be kept inside away from guests. There might possibly be two fires since the yard is rather large nd there will be a lot of people. I'm hiking a normal fire up front and a bigger fire out back. There will be trash cans everywhere (though people usually throw stuff on the ground) but for easier clean up. I'm sure people will be hooking up, they can do whatever thy want in their tnts, that's not my business. There will beva olleyball net set up for people to play some games if they want. Food and beverages will be provided. People will be notified that there could be drinking. Neighbors will be notified that there could be some noise since I'm far away but close enough to see their houses. There may be fireworks. I just want to make sure this is a party they won't forget. Thanks for your response.


Answer
This sounds AMAZING! I'm so jealous! Here's a few tips:

1) If you plan on 300 people, only invite 250. When people realise you're having such a huge party, they'll tell their friends and also bring people along with them!

2) Get twice as much food and drink as you think you'll need! If I was you I wouldn't supply alcohol for anyone apart from you and your close friends because if your mom gets charged with 300 counts of supplying alcohol to minors I can guarantee you'll never be allowed another party.

3) Be prepared for gatecrashers. People that force their way into parties aren't known for being polite, so get ready for foul language and possibly violence. I'd let your security know the second you see someone you don't want in your home.

4) When it's time for the fireworks, make sure there's no drunk people fumbling about with matches and explosives. Also, it's cool that your mom's boyfriend is a fireman because it would be a good idea to have him in charge of lighting the fireworks and making sure the bonfires stay under control.

5) Have a well-stocked First Aid kit in reach, because with such a big party, fights and accidents are bound to happen!

Most importantly, have fun! I've thrown a few parties, but at my first I was a nervous wreck! I was constantly running about checking that people were enjoying themselves that I forgot to enjoy it myself.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment