Thursday, September 12, 2013

Best spot to pitch a tent?

large screen tents for camping on Camping Tents - PriceGrabber.com
large screen tents for camping image



jdmann4020


I realize it is not that time of year yet, I live in South Dakota! I like to camp out a lot in the summer and I was wondering if you should pitch a tent under a tree or not? I always put my tent under this one tree in my yard, but I find a lot of spiders and other bugs on it. Also, any other bug eliminating tips, where to put my tent, ect. Thanks in advance!


Answer
Under tree is okay if it is not an isolated tree with storms expected or a tree with large a possibly dead limbs that could fall on you in a wind. Entire trees have a way of falling in wind.

Insects are a part of nature. If your tent has screens you should have no problems.

The only bad spot I ever pitched a tent was where there were many small stones. Not good.

Tip: Some Native American friends came to my camp one time and their children advised me on the proper way to set up camp once. I remember they said to be right with the world I should face my tent to the east to greet the morning sun.

When should I line up at best buy for black friday?




skidmark


They have some insane sales this year. I was just wondering when I should get in line. Is 4PM the day before good enough to ensure anything?
The one I'm going to isn't in a HUGE metropolis or anything. But it's not in the middle of nowhere of course.



Answer
At my local Best Buy (Chula Vista, CA), there were already 50 - 60 people in line at noon Thursday. The people at the head of the line were there Wednesday evening - They had tents and camped out overnight. In case you're wondering, Best Buy provided Port-a-Pottys
4:00pm on Thursday is probably too late for the more desirable items. What they do here is hand out tickets for the more desirable items to the people in line at about 8:00pm, with the head of the line first. Showing up at noon probably won't get you a large screen TV.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment