Friday, September 13, 2013

How to stop toddler getting cold in bed?

kids tents with sleeping bag on The Alexandra Magazine & Woman's Social and Industrial Advocate ...
kids tents with sleeping bag image



lucky gal


My two year old sleeps in a single bed, but up until now has still been in his Grobag. He's tall for his age and is therefore getting too big for the sleeping bag, but when I try him under the duvet no matter how well I tuck it in he ends up uncovered and cold in the night.

Has anyone ideas on how to address this? I've seen duvet clips in the shops, but am not sure I like the idea of pinning him under the covers like that.



Answer
Will he wear fleece footie pajamas? I know some kids won't, but my son loves them and they keep him warm throughout the night because he's zipped up from head to toe in a little cocoon...

If he won't, you can always try to get a bigger sleeping bag... my son has a toddler size Transformers one from Target that he snuggles with in the play tent in his room; it was pretty cheap but very warm.

Personally, I wouldn't try a heater just because my toddler is always curious and the orange glow from the heater would just be asking for my son to reach out and grab it, obviously leading to far worse problems. Maybe if you can get one that can go on a shelf or somewhere out of reach, that could work for you. I personally wouldn't risk having one of those around my child while he is unsupervised. lol
Good luck =)

How many of you have slumber parties of camp-outs with your kids?




They ca


Every couple of weeks, my daughters and I will set up a tent in our living room and have a "camp-out." I'll make smores and hotdogs to eat and tell them stories. We also have sleepovers. For our sleepovers, we pull some sleeping bags into the living room, order pizza, bake cookies and watch a movie together. My kids are only 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. Their dad thinks it weird because we do this at home. I think it's fun for them. I remember my mom doing things like this when I was younger. How many of you do silly things like this for your kids?


Answer
I do fun things all the time. When one of us can't sleep and we don't have work or school the next day, we wake the other up and ask if they want a midnight party. We tell gohst stories on a normal night at home as if we are cmaping. We sleep on the hyda bed when we have movie nights. and we play silly games... tonight we played .... 'you smell like'... We took a big sniff of the other person and said what they smell like... it is silly. but when your kid laughs becuase you met them on their level that is cool. You husband may think it's silly, just tell him that kids like silly and he shouldn't crtisize you and he should try getting down to their level. You are making memories




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment