Friday, September 13, 2013

Is there any camping other than campgrounds on the Pacific Coast in Washington?

kids tents for camping on camping tent rentals ma, camping tent rentals ma Manufacturers in ...
kids tents for camping image



mhj


We have two old dogs that do not like to play with other dogs or kids, so campgrounds are not a good place for them. We can either car camp or tent camp- just not with close neighbors. We were thinking Olympic Peninsula, but that is negotiable. Any ideas? And thanks for looking!


Answer
You can camp in our National Forests... if you drive down and of the forest roads (the gravel ones) you'll see places along the side where people have camped before.. you'll see fire rings to use.. BUT these places do not have running water or bathroom, so you'll be primitive camping (where you have to bring all your water to drink and cook with).

I would highly suggest buying Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds. It's a book (an east and west addition) that lists campgrounds in forests and other secluded places that are free and $12 and under for one night's stay. I use it as my camping bible.. I don't want to stay where RVs and generators are... I suggest you get a copy.. it will help you plan your trip better.
Good luck & have fun camping!

Parents who love to camp: What do you take on a tent camping trip?

Q. For our anniversary, my husband and I have decided to go tent camping at the state park (just me and him). I haven't been tent camping ever before in my life! What the heck does a girl need to take on a camping trip in the middle of the woods?

Also, have your kids experienced tent camping? Is that something you think children under 5 can enjoy?
Oh believe me.. there will be condoms... and chocolate... and yeah we'll need coffee, lol.


Answer
Here's a good list: http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/camping/checklists.htm

It might have more on it than what you need. I printed this out when my husband and I went camping for our anniversary a weekend in August. If you are cooking, you'll need more.

We've never taken our kidlet who is 3. We will next year. We rented canoes and paddles through 7 lakes that were all connected. I was worried she'd get bored after 20 minutes. The park we went to is very kid friendly- big playground, a beach, and all the kids brought bikes or scooters.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment