Saturday, January 11, 2014

How to put away the discovery kids princess castle?

kids discovery tents on ... about *MINT condition* Only opened once!* Discovery Kids Play Tent
kids discovery tents image



Sarah


This is what it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/Discovery-Kids-Princess-Castle-Play-Tent-outdoor-NIB-/110629731381

but I removed the rods from the tent but cant figure out how to put it away in its little pouch. I googled everywhere for instructions but nothing! Help!



Answer
I haven't seen instructions anywhere online, but there is a great video on Home Shopping Network (HSN) that will show you how to fold and unfold it. It's a little on the long side, but you should get the hang of it after only one watching: http://toys.hsn.com/discovery-kids-pop-up-princess-play-castle_p-6408941_xp.aspx

How old should my daughter be to go camping?




Girl due 4


and by camping I mean minimum impact, in the woods, in a tent cooking over a fire camping. (yes, I know a fire is not as good for minimum impact as a dutch oven). I am really big into camping and have been doing it for year and I can't wait to share the joys of it with my daughter, but how old should she be before I take her?


Answer
I began camping with my parents when I was 5 and my sister was 2. It started a life-long love of being in the outdoors. I know people who take babies too young to walk on low-impact backpacking trips. After all, our ancestors as children survived for centuries living in tents and huts and running free in forests and meadows and millions still do around the world. They are far safer in the wilderness than among the chemical poisons, steep stairs and sharp objects and edges of the average home. I find the wonder and delight that small children bring to their discovery of the natural world enhances the experience of the older folks around them -- usually they are happier campers than older kids who gripe about missing their TV shows, video games and cell phones.

The one clear danger to small children is open fire. Besides, if you are truly a low-impact camper you will forgo the fire and cook on a backpacking stove with butane, propane or white gas fuel. Small children tend to wear themselves out on camping trips and are sound asleep in the tents long before the after-dark fire can be built up anyway. And they rarely have patience for the long time it takes to cook on a fire. Better to scramble some eggs or make a grilled cheese sandwich, soup or oatmeal for them in a few minutes on a Coleman Peak One or Camping Gaz burner.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment