Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How can I cheaply hang sheers on my window?

large camping tents for sale on ... Portable Tents,Party Bouncers For Sale,Parties Bouncers Rental
large camping tents for sale image
Q. I have a bow (not a bay) window and finding a curtain rod to fit is virtually impossible. I need to put up sheer curtains on the window, but they can be stationary as long as I can pull them and tie them back a bit. I've thought about just hanging small hooks along the window or pvc pipe. I'm just not sure where to start. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
Depending on the size of the window, you might trya camping store for the flexible fiberglass tent poles. They usually have replacement poles for sale, and they might even be able to cut them to a specific length for you. Be sure they put the metal end back on.
To mount it, I would use at least three of the small cafe curtain hanger clips, one at each end and one in the center. For a large window them more.
The cheapest way to hand these is to create a "tack strip".
Be sure you have measured the fabric, and allow for about 4 inches fold over for th etop mounting. Get a pice of poster board and cut into two inch wide strips until you have enough length to fir the curve in your window.
push tacks, (usually upholstery tacks, but thumbtacks will likely hold for sheers) through the strips every three inches or so.
Lay the fabric out, and place the tack strip at the top edge of the fabric, tack into the material. Fold the strip over the fabric so the tacks are now face up, and the fabric has been wrapped on both sides of the poster board.
Pick up the strip of poster board and tack it to the window frame at your measured height. continue until all the sections are up. Now you can pull back the sections as you want. When loose they should fall and cover the wondow.
Good luck, hope this helps with what you are trying to do.
Kay

Why are Christians against birth control, or any form of contraceptives?




Sheree


This has puzzled me for the last few years. I understand that we are to procreate, but lets be "real".

I was watching local news, and they did a story about small family drug stores that don't sale contraceptives because of their religion.

Now picture this. I attend a fairly large church. There is an average of 3 kids per family. Do you see where I'm going? So the parents only had sex 3 times throughout their entire marriage? I highly doubt! They are using some form of BC, either it's withdrawal, plan B, etc.

To add to my confusion, I attended a camping trip with my preacher and his wife. I had a tent with the wife, and soon found out that she was indeed on birth control.

Someone please answer my question, and please don't use Genesis 38:10. Thanks in advance ;)
I know you don't get pregnant every time you have sex! That was an obvious, so I really didn't bother to state it! I'm talking about older people in church. i was in Sunday School one day (with the elders) and they talked about how they wanted to have a set amount of kids, and everyone said Amen! They were all trying to imply that they either got their tubes tided, or used BC.

Thanks for bringing up the Catholics, but the people in the news segment were not Catholic.



Answer
I think you are confusing Christians with one particular Christian denomination - namely the Catholics. And they manage to hang the prohibition off of one doubtful verse in the Old Testament.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment