Monday, January 13, 2014

Where's a good place in Georgia for my friends and I to go camping?

awesome tents for camping on Awesome Tents Camping That Zip Together Nice Picture - Amazing ...
awesome tents for camping image



Chelsea


For spring break, my friends and I want to go somewhere camping, preferably in Georgia. We were thinking like some cheap cabin somewhere, probably 8 of us at the max. Things like hiking, maybe a beach within an hour or less drive, a little city. As cheap as possible! Any suggestions?


Answer
Ok,

I'm going to let you in on one of my secret spots...

Check this out, Set your tent right on a wild cascading mountain river. Go to sleep at night to the sounds of rushing water. Get up in the morning to a Beautiful mountain sunrise, eat a nice breakfast, and spend the day Hiking nearby trails, or trout fishing for huge trout right on the river by your tent. If you like tubing, kayaking, or canoeing awesome mountain waters, this is the perfect spot for you. This campground also rents out canoes, tubes, and kayaks, with shuttle service right back to the campground.

For dinner, you can grill out with a awesome Mountain view , or choose a short drive down the street to a renowned riverside country food restaurant with riverside patio dining.

This is the Toccoa Valley campground.
It's up in the Blue ridge mountain area off of Aska Rd. about an hour outside of Atlanta.

Hope you enjoy, this is one of my all time favorite camping spots, and trust me I am a avid camper...

You can use the link below to see pictures, Hi-Def video, and more information on this place...

You can use the link below to see pictures and great video about this spot.

What should I look for in a new tent and where should I look?

Q. I have an old Coleman tent which was junk the day I bought it but now I want something much nicer.
I shouldn't be cheap.


Answer
What kind of camping do you do? Backpacking or car camping?

How many people are you trying to fit in your tent?

What is the climate like where you typically go camping? Will you be winter camping?

Do you want a basic tent or one with some bells and whistles?


Too hard to answer without that info. However, check out REI, the tents they sell are awesome, especially the REI brand and Big Agnes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment