Sunday, April 20, 2014

Advise on buying a tent?

Q. I know theres not too much of Summer left, We're in Northeast Ohio. We did out first family camping trip the other week, and cant wait for more. We used my sisters tent and supplies basicly. Should we continue useing hers, which isnt a problem. Tent could be bigger but we manage. Our should we buy on now, or next year. I like the tents with a screen patio and found on in the Kmart flyer. What do you all think?
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/Default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2422215&rapid=430829&listingid=-2092975161&pretailerid=-99572
Is that a good tent, brand?
We have two kids so the large tent that can have a wall like this is perfect I thought.
Thanxs!


Answer
I checked out this tent through your link. I would purchase this tent at that price. Looks to be a good starter tent. Even if you decide you don't like it you have not invested to much. Also note that for summer camping you can piece together a great set in relatively short time buying a cooler, propane or kerosene style lanterns, stove, chairs and sleeping bags say every other payday. I would not trust this tent to sleep more than 4 though. After years of camping through 3 seasons I have found that an air mattresses gives me much better sleep at nights and it uses more space as well. You can pay a fortune for a great tent, but to get started this looks fine. Have fun with it.

Have you ever camped out in your backyard with a tent and a nice camp fire?

Q. with your friends or maybe the kids?


Answer
Yep. But we usually just dragged a couple of mattresses out and slept under the stars, instead of in a tent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment