Friday, May 30, 2014

What is a good cheap tent brand? Greatland,Ozark Trail or Field and stream?




bridget36


Looking to buy a big enough tent for a family of 5. I don't want to spend to much money because I am not sure if I will even like camping.So I will like to buy a store brand. I am not sure what kmarts brand is. Anyway out of the brands I listed above our any of them good?


Answer
All very good advice above. I will give my two-cents worth. I have two, four-man (9'x7') Ozark Trail tents from Wal-Mart. For a family camping trip, these work great, they are easy to set up, pretty good bang for the buck and over-all have been pretty good tents that have lasted several years and are still holding up. Would I climb Everest or go on an extended backpacking or climbing trip with them, absolutely NOT! I have a quality, one-man backpacking tent for my more serious backpacking trips that I bought from REI. As somebody else said, a tent for the kids and a tent for you guys is the way to go, it's what I do. Two smaller tents are cheaper than one large tent and two small tents are easier to set up than one large tent. I tend to be very organized when I camp. My wife and kids scatter their "crap" all over the tent. Having two tents helps this a lot. The other plus to this is if something happens to one of the tents, it gets a tear, catches on fire, whatever, you have a back-up. Everybody has opinions based upon personal experience, and this is my personal experience. I hope your family develops a love of camping and the outdoors, it's a fantastic family experience.

what are some good affordable camping tents? price range 50. to 150. sleeping 4-6?




frustrated


i want to start camping again with my kids, grown, and grandkids. it needs to be a quick setup, and easy.


Answer
Go to www.rei.com and they have very good tents on clearance sale.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment