Sunday, December 1, 2013

What is your most embarrassing menstrual cycle story?

tent camping with kids tips on Things to do with kids: Family-Friendly Tent Camping Near Boston
tent camping with kids tips image



georgetown


I wanted to ask for two reasons 1) pure curiosity, and 2) advice for girls that i watch from time to time.

I was talking to a group of young girls the other day, and one of them had one of those moments at school. She was embarrassed and wondered why it happened to her. I tried to explain to her that things like this happen to people all the time. The only issue; I've never really had an embarrassing moment like such.

Her story: She recently had a school program and everyone participating had to wear white. She was ok during the entire program until she got up from her seat near the end of the program. She said she didn't know she was bleeding, and thought she felt wet from sweating so much because that was her first time speaking to a crowd. Kids were laughing at her, even girls.


What are some tips you learned on how to handle period situations.



Answer
I have a few period stories but here are 2:
1) This summer I went to the scout camp and I got my period 1 week earlier. My period came on the 8th day of the camp. I had packed 2 pads just in case, because I wasn't expecting it. Another girl got hers and I gave her the 2 pads I packed for me. The next day, we were sitting in the tent and I noticed something was wrong. I got up to go to the toilet and I see my period. I also noticed a stain on my shorts. I just ran back to ask another girl for a pad. In the tent there were also boys, but what could I do I had to ask her and most of them heard and had a strange look. Later, I had to wash my shorts where all of them were washing their clothes. I only had one pad, so I had to ask for more from our chief. That specific day there was a female gym teacher that I asked in front of other 3 males chiefs. When she left I had to go to them to ask it was very embarrassing!! However, they were very understanding :D
2)I had taekwondo exams and I was on my period. Our uniform is white. I knew I was on it and I had a pad on (I didn't wear tampons at that time). We had to kick high, so my legs were widely spread apart, so my pad had moved out of place! I had bled through the white uniform. I hadn't noticed. My female coach did and the male examiners. They saw the blood and said nothing. When I finished my exam, my coach asked me if I was feeling ok. I said yes and asked why? She told that I got my period and it showed on my uniform. She handed me a pad and sent me to the bathroom. It was so embarrassing that everyone was able to see the blood.

The tips I learned were to always have a pad with me, and use it a few days before I get my period!

How do I run away from home?




Jimmy The


***I'M ASKING OUT OF 100% CURIOSITY***

So, lets says i'm 14 and I want to run away from home. How would I be able to achieve? What items should I bring with me? And do you have any tips or a basic guide line? Thanks.
Oh yeah and how likely is it that I will get caught?



Answer
Get together as much money as you can, and make specific plans. Don't just randomly wander out; that's how kids end up living on the street. Get in touch with a relative or friend, and make travel plans.
Your parents would file a missing person's report as soon as they realized you were gone. That's why it's best to flee at a time when they're not expecting you home for a while. Do it when you're supposed to be going to school. This gives you a whole school day to put some distance between you and your parents. Even better, say you're staying over a friend's house for the weekend or just make some sort of excuse to be out of the house for an extended period of time. Your parents would panic, so leave some note behind to reassure them that you're safe and aren't lost.
Don' try to fly anywhere. It's guaranteed that the airport will do a check on a 14-year-old travelling alone. Take the bus or train, and make the reservations ahead of time, because that's less suspicious than just showing up and buying a ticket on the day of departure.
Bring some non-perishable/canned food, a small stove or hot plate, a sleeping bag, small tent, plenty of water, cell phone, maps of everywhere you'll be going, preferably a GPS device. You'll probably end up spending a lot of time without shelter, so you'll have to find places to set up camp.
Remember that pretty soon your money will run out, and you'll have to start looking for a job. As a 14-year-old runaway your options will be limited, but you should be able to find something. Preferably a job that also provides housing, but if not, then you'll have to budget your income to rent an apartment, and pay for the rest of your expenses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment