Sunday, September 29, 2013

Do your kids build forts in the house?

kids tents forts on On Wooden Twin Low Loft Tent Bed Boys Fort Bunk Beds Wood Bedroom Set ...
kids tents forts image



yahooey


What is considered a fort to you? How elaborate are they in your house?


Answer
Of course! We have one up in our downstairs now. It's pretty much a permanent fixture actually, the girls sleep there more than they do in their own room. The one up now is pretty elaborate. They've colonized our big 8-person camping tent, dragged a queen mattress down 2 flights of stairs from their bed, that's under the blanket tent, the top of which is attached to the sofa and extends to drape over the TV and games system. The younger kids' play kitchen holds up the other part of it, they've got all the extra blankets tied together with knitting yarn.

I would have died and gone to heaven if I was allowed to make a fort at all, let alone one like that, so I don't rain on their parade. I help and add on to it when I see a way, LOL! We can fit our entire family + kids' friends in there. This thing is pretty extended.

We're working on rebuilding their treehouse my husband made them at our old house, we took it apart when we moved and they're itching to have it back again, I'm sure if we get it finished this weekend, they'll be cramming as many overnights in there as they can before it turns too cold.

How can I make a big fort in my room?




Stacey


I have a small room, and I wanna make a fort, Just for fun(and some extra privacy from the rents). I made one before with thumbtacks but i was so scared they would fall out and I wouldn't realize it and get it stuck in my body, So I was wondering if you could give some suggestions. I do have light, long sheets to use, But to hold them up, Idk what to use.


Answer
when i was a kid, we made really cool forts with blankets or sheets and made a tent with them from couches. in your room, just put one end of the sheet on the bed and use books or other stuff to hold it to the top edge of the bed. then, put the other end held down on the ground or up on a shelf or something to hold it up like a tent. get a flashlight and a scary book to read and few marshmallows.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment