Sunday, February 16, 2014

I would like to take my two kids camping, for the first time, what should I bring other than a tent?




JENNIFER C


I have two kids, ages 8 and 9. I am a single mom. I bought a tent and would like to take them camping, but am unsure of the types of things I should bring. I know the basics, tent, blankets, first aid kit, food, insect repellent. But I'm looking to do this for as cheaply as possible. Here is what we have so far, blankets, pillows, tent, and even transportation to and from a camping site, we've got bottles to fill with water, and even some sparklers for fun. Any ideas? I'm sure I could come up with a list on my own, but I'd prefere to get suggestions from people who have already been there and done that. Thanks in advance
I've decided to go to a camp grounds, especially where it is our first time. I'd like to go for three days. It will cost me about 120 bucks {still looking for cheaper} So far all the suggesstions are awsome, and informative. I'm learning a great deal. I am also going to try to convince another adult to come to so that I can sit back and relax.



Answer
http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/camping/Checklists.htm
http://camping.about.com/od/campingforbeginners/Advice_for_Beginners.htm
Camping Checklist (compliments of camping.about.com)
Shelter and Bedding (essentials)
__ tent
__ tarp
__ sleeping bag
__ sleeping pad
__ headrest

Cooking and Dining (essentials)
__ water
__ food
__ cooler
__ camp stove
__ mess kit
__ can opener
__ charcoal

Clothes
__ t-shirts
__ shorts
__ jeans/pants
__ socks
__ shoes/boots
__ camp shoes
__ hat/cap
__ sweater
__ rain poncho
__ underwear
__ swim suit
__ laundry bag
__ _____________
__ _____________
__ _____________
__ _____________

Personal Hygiene
__ tooth brush
__ tooth paste
__ wash rag(s)
__ towel(s)
__ soap
__ comb/brush
__ nail clippers
__ razor
__ toilet paper
__ _____________
__ _____________ Shelter and Bedding (optionals)
__ book
__ cot
__ comforter
__ throw rug
__ pillow

Cooking and Dining (optionals)
__ charcoal chimney
__ smoker
__ Dutch oven
__ hot dog sticks
__ pie irons
__ chairs
__ folding table
__ table cloth
__ butane lighter
__ screen room

Cleaning Items
__ broom
__ dust pan
__ whisk broom
__ lawn rake
__ dish pan
__ detergent
__ dish rags
__ ppt scrubber

First Aid Kit
__ personal medication
__ bandages
__ aspirin, Tylenol
__ medical tape
__ sterile gauze
__ elastic wrap
__ antiseptic wipes
__ antibiotic cream
__ burn ointment
__ sunburn lotion
__ hydrogen peroxide
__ scissors
__ tweezers
__ eye wash
__ sanitary napkins
__ snake bite kit Chuck Box
__ salt and pepper
__ herbs and spices
__ cooking oil
__ pot holders
__ paper towels
__ napkins
__ plastic trash bags
__ tongs and spatula
__ aluminum foil
__ measuring cups
__ plastic silverware
__ paper plates/bowls
__ plastic cups
__ zip lock bags
__ knives
__ cutting board
__ cork screw

Miscellaneous Items
__ binoculars
__ bird guide
__ bug spray
__ bungi cords
__ camera
__ candles
__ cards, games
__ cell phone
__ clothes pins
__ compass
__ duct tape
__ fishing gear
__ flashlight
__ frisbee
__ GPS
__ kites
__ knife
__ lantern
__ matches
__ pen and paper
__ rope
__ shower bag
__ sun block
__ tools
__ water filters
__ whistle

Camping ideas.. Do's & Don't.....?




kimberly


My brother has talked me & my two kids to go camping with him & his girlfriend this weekend.... This will be my first time camping.... Any suggestions?! It will be tent camping..


Answer
Don't forget anything, use a checklist,
http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/family-camping-checklist.html

Do have a good time,
http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/kids-and-the-outdoors.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment