Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How big of a tent should I buy? I'll need room for a full size air mattress and a Pack 'N Play at a minimum




hansh0t1st


I am currently looking at a 6 person octagonal dome tent that measures 90 square feet floor area.So it's approximately 12x10.
I have a 20 month old kid whom we would rather sleep in the Pack 'N Play rather than on the floor. Any one have some experience/suggestions on this?
Thanks.
Robin,
Helpful tips, but I am talking space for a pack 'n play was well, which uses up more space than a person. So I need to be able to judge how much that would use up in a tent... without having the tent.
Yah 90 square feet would be 10x9... well the tent I was looking at claimed 12x10'6" but also said it was 90 square feet... How I dunno.
I'd be camping with my wife and the kid. So it's be the three of us with the pack 'n play and the mattress
I'm still going with the idea that it's 90 square feet at this point so let's agree on 10x9
Here's a link to the "odd" math tent with 90.3 square feet and being 12x10
http://www.eurekatent.com/twister.asp
Hrm maybe because it's a hexagon it takes up a square area of 12x10 but because it's a hexagon and not a perfect square you loose footage.



Answer
Besides yourself and the baby in the Pack N Play, how many other people need to fit in this tent?? If it is just the two of you, a 6 person tent would be large enough. If there is another adult going along, get a 7 or 8 person tent.

I have a math question now! How does 90 sq feet equal an area of 12'x10'? It either equals 9'x10' or else you have 120 square feet of space.

Okay, so being an octagon shaped tent, it probably is only 90.3 square feet of space. (My geomentry skills elude me at the moment)

But, with 2 adults and a child, I stick with my suggestion of a 7 or 8 person tent so that you will have the room needed to stretch out.

Thumbs up on considering a tent from Eureka. Great quality for the price.

What tent should I buy?




MamaB


Looking to buy a tent. In addition to myself and my husband we have two boys, ages 5 and 7, and a baby girl, age 15 months. I know I want a big "family" tent, with a screen porch. I have narrowed it down to 3, after researching on line. The price difference is big. One is only $150.00 and one is almost $400.00. Are certain brands better than others? What features should I look for? Thanks!


Answer
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___21597
Coleman WeatherMaster 6 w/Screenroom - 17x9 - 6 Person Tent
$239.99
The Coleman 1 Room WeatherMaster 6 with attached Screenroom tent can sleep up to 6 campers. The tent is easy to set up and with a large sleeping room for your gear and a generous screenroom for the ultimate in relaxing times this could be the tent your family is looking for. A combination of steel and fiberglass poles provide a very secure and stable frame for the latest and greatest version of the famed WeatherMaster series of tents. The waterproof instructions are sewn to the bag for your convenience. The big wide hinged door is so simple and easy to use that it's almost like being at home. Great ventilation is provided by 5 windows and a mesh ceiling. The rugged poly floor will never let you down and the taped fly seams will keep water outside where it belongs. The screenroom offers a nice place for the kids to play or a great place to relax after the kids have gone to bed. This is a another great tent from Coleman for the whole family for either a short or extended trip.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment