Wednesday, February 12, 2014

sleeping arrangements for kids?




sjr79


I have a two and a half year old boy and a one year old girl the one year old has been sleeping in her crib in our bedroom since she was born but we know she needs to get out and shes is crawling out of her crib. we only have one small bedroom besides ours upstairs and 2 bedrooms downstairs. whats a good way to get our girl out of our bedroom, they seem to young for bunk beds or to move my son to the basement.


Answer
Let your son and daughter share the upstairs bedroom, near you, for the time being. I would definitely not do bunkbeds yet, nor move them to the basement.

Make the bedroom that they share upstairs for sleeping only, and convert one of the downstairs rooms into a playroom. Thus, when they are upstairs at night or at nap time during the day, they are sleeping and then they are downstairs they are playing.

When they get a bit older, you can move them each to their own room. My oldest two (a girl and a boy) shared a room until they were 9 and 7. There is nothing wrong with such. In fact, I think it helped them bond.

Also, they make crib tents that might help you. It is a mesh dome that fits over the crib, so the child can not crawl out and get injured.

I hope this helps!

Parents: children bedroom decor question...?




Jax's Momm


At what age did you get your child a night stand? My son is 2 and does not have one.

Also, do you have 1 night stand or 2? I have been looking on Craig's List and at estate sales for a set for myself and I am amazed at how most are selling only 1! Do I need to buy new to find a matching set, or is the new thing to only have 1?

Thanks!



Answer
Okay, so when I just had my twins, they had a bunk bed with a tent castle thing under it instead of a bed, so Rosalie(who slept on the bunk bed) didn't have one. She was four. Allyson, Rosalie's twin sister, slept on a twin beside her. She did, but she is more of the book reading girl. Now they are 8 and they both have twin beds with night stand, which they have had since they were four, when the quads were born. The boy quads, have a bunk bed, have one bedside table, on the bottom. On the top, there is a shelf. They have had since they were three.My quad girls both have nightstands on there beds. My kids use one nightstand for their rooms, because they don't need two, and then you can push the bed up against the wall and have more room for them to run around.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment